Because of huge demand from our community, as promised we finally created a new version of Windows File Monitor now called “Windows File Tools”.
It was recorded from scratch for better stability and performance.
The principle is the same as before, it will monitor file activities in real time by generating a user-friendly tree of events.
Activities (also called events) supported:
- File creation
- File modification
- File deletion
- Folder creation
- Folder modification
- Folder deletion
- File/Folder attributes update
- File Update
- Folder Update
It is possible to configure multiple optional filters:
- Filter for specific events
- Filter for specific paths to monitor (optionally recursively)
- Filter for specific file extensions (white list mode)
- Blacklist specific paths (including subdirectories)
The file monitor works from Windows XP to the latest Windows 10 build — 32 and 64 bit.
It requires administrative rights and also supports French as demanded by our French community.